Wednesday, June 22, 2011

On a Dying Bee Still at Work
















Carrying forward as he dies,
Gathering his nectar,
His diligence is undeterred
By death’s looming specter.

The busy bee relentlessly
Laboring at his chore,
Never resting until he falls
And can labor no more.

I felt a bitterness creeping
Upon me as I gazed;
Am I a drone that I too strive
Until, battered and dazed,

I crumble down upon my knees
So weary I can’t crawl?
Or can I learn to realize
I cannot do it all?

There are so many who will help
In carrying the load;
I have to learn to take their hand
While travelling this road.

For even He, his labors done,
Took time to rest one day.
So I will leave my bloom to them
And go take time to play.

Exodus 33:14
The LORD replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment