Thursday, June 23, 2011

John 4:13-14
















Everything changes,
There’s sorrow then pain;
First they say sunshine
And then they say rain.

The world’s in upheaval,
There’s no solid ground
And moments of peace
Are hard to be found.

I’m shaken, weary
And dying of thirst;
I’m lonely and lost,
Unsure which is worst

I want to go home
Or to run away;
I can’t catch my breath
Long enough to pray.

Then, in the chaos,
The whirlwind of strife,
I stumbled back on
The spring of true life.

I stopped at the shore
And buried my face
In your healing love,
Your enduring grace.

Chaos still reigns here,
But peace washes in;
I know I’ll survive
The bedlam again.

John 4: 13-14
Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment