Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day




















You ride upon the whispering wind,
You’re in the work I do.
I smell you in the new mown grass,
When he flies by, it’s you.

I hear your voice in summer corn
That rustles in its rows;
I see you in the dark rich dirt
Where your garden still grows.

I see you in the orchard’s boughs,
Each fig and apple tree,
And, when I saw him sitting there,
I saw you watching me.

You loved to watch the eagles soar
Above the windy sea
And every time I call to you
You send one back to me.

I try to fill in where you stopped,
To do what you would do,
And when I watch the eagles fly,
In them, I still see you!

I miss you still, though time has passed,
You’re gone and I still cry,
But I am comforted each time
I see the eagles fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment