Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hiding in a Hole




















You gave me so many blessings
And still I sit and cry.
It’s hard to count my blessings when
My cheeks are never dry.

Some times I want to find a hole
Just crawl right in and hide,
But I have yet to find a hole
With any grace inside.

Sometimes the heartache’s not the test,
It’s just what you’re into.
The test is whether you have faith
Enough to push on through.

For on the other side of pain
Is where you’ll find the grace,
But you must pass through the storm’s heart
Before you reach that place

Where all the storms have ceased to rage,
The dark clouds blown away,
And blessings far beyond your hopes
Are there upon display.

But if you hunker down and hide
And hope it passes by
You’ll never make it through the storms,
You must get up and try.

So though I long to find a hole
And hide my tearful heart,
I also want to get through this.
So, Lord, please help me start!

No comments:

Post a Comment