Sunday, April 23, 2023

In Need of Rest


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I needed rest this weekend, Lord,
But also food to eat.
Somehow You understood each need
That You then helped me meet.
 
I know it doesn’t sound like much,
But I had plans in place
That would have left me more broken.
Instead, You gave me grace.
 
You took the plans that I had made
And changed them out of hand.
To me they were so important,
I couldn’t understand.
 
But looking back, I clearly see
What You knew all along,
You’d think, by now, I would have learned,
That You won’t lead me wrong.
 
I trust You, Lord, in all Your ways,
Though sometimes I forget.
Thank You for knowing what I’d need,
Though I did not know yet.
 
Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment