Monday, July 4, 2022

Trying To Hide


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sometimes I think that I should hide
From what the world may hold.
Though I seem brave on the outside,
I’m really not that bold.
 
I freeze and hope I’ll just blend in,
That trouble can’t see me.
Then maybe it will pass me by
And I’ll get off scot-free.
 
But that never seems to work out,
Somehow it finds me still
And I must struggle one more time,
Against the wind, uphill!
 
I don’t know why I feel afraid,
I know that You are near,
But all that I let myself feel
Is the worry and fear.
 
I thank You, Lord, that You’re with me
In all that I go through,
That You still love me, brave or weak.
And I can’t hide from You.
 
Psalm 9:9
The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment