Friday, July 29, 2022

Being Still With You


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A night of rest will do me good,
Maybe a day or two,
As long as I set time aside
To spend some just with You.
 
I never feel fully at rest
Until I’ve had time to
Sit down and just be still enough
To truly hear from You.
 
We don’t have to discuss great things,
Just little things will do.
What really matters most to me
Is spending time with You.
 
It may sound silly to people
Who’ve never thought it through,
But, since You’re the source of all things,
True peace comes straight from You.
 
Tonight, I’ll rest, and tomorrow
I’ll rise and start anew,
But I plan, between now and then,
To just be still with You.
 
Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment