Friday, July 8, 2022

Gifts and Blessings


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The sun was setting in the trees,
But, in a last adieu,
It cast its shadow through the clouds
In a clear “I love you”.
 
Now others may have seen the note
And simply passed on by,
But I knew it was meant for me
Because it caught my eye….
 
Alright, I know the science of
The mingled clouds and light,
But that can’t lessen the beauty
That caught my eye last night.
 
And I know that it wasn’t meant
For only me to see,
But it filled my heart with such joy,
It set my spirit free.
 
So just because the whole world saw
What happens every night,
Does not mean it was not a gift
Meant to bring me delight.
 
For all too often we look past
The precious things You do.
It may not have been just for me,
But it sure came from You.
 
Psalm 144:15
Blessed are the people to whom such blessings fall! Blessed are the people whose God is the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment