Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Fears and Dreads


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The night holds a promise of rain,
The air is thick and still
And there is a hint, still, of spring
That makes the breezes chill.
 
I know that I’m inside and safe,
But, somehow, I still feel
Them looming in the evening light,
A bit too close and real.
 
Sometimes my thoughts get out of hand
Until each dread and fear
Seems to be breathing down my neck
And drawing ever near.
 
Yet, as I’m sheltered from the rain
And the storm will pass by,
I need to let go of my fears.
For You are ever nigh.
 
Lord, let the chill breeze bring the rain.
I’ll sleep in peace tonight,
And wake up, safe beneath Your gaze,
In the warm, morning’s light.
 
Psalm 4:8
In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment