Wednesday, June 22, 2022

A Little Bit of Sorrow


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My heart’s a little tender, Lord,
I’ve cried a tear or two,
But I will keep my thoughts on joy
And my eyes turned to You.
 
It hits me now and then, Oh Lord,
All that this life has cost.
Moments that are but memories,
The loved ones I have lost.
 
Yet, many of those memories
Still bring me such delight,
And those I’ve lost live in my heart,
If not within my sight.
 
Each new day holds its own joy, Lord,
I need but look to see
That there is joy beyond belief
In what is still to be. 
 
Though I may feel sorrow tonight,
Tomorrow I will smile,
For joy is waiting there for me
In just a little while.
 
Psalm 30:5
For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment