Tuesday, August 25, 2020

It's the Path, and More

  
I often think about the path
That You’ve led me along.
However rocky, long or rough,
It’s helped my faith grow strong.

When contemplating that small fact,
Truth started to intrude,
It isn’t just the path that counts,
But more our attitude.

For we can try to walk in faith
While still harboring rage.
But we can never walk His path
Locked in such a dark cage.

We cannot stand in faith with Him,
If we’re bent by the weight
Of all the things we can’t let go,
Like jealousy or hate.

We cannot truly share His word
With a disgruntled voice,
For His message is best revealed
By those whose hearts rejoice!

Don’t get me wrong, stay on His path,
But, trust me when I say,
Let go of all that holds you back
From walking it His Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment