Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Hiding for a While


I think I’ll just hide here a while,
The world seems so crazy.
Perhaps if I stay out of sight,
The world might not miss me.
 
I think I’ve struggled long enough
Along the beaten path
That I have earned the right to hide
Away from the world’s wrath.
 
I know I can’t stay here for long,
Just a heartbeat or so,
But then I have to get back out
Upon the path and go.
 
I’m weary and I feel a tear
Welling up in my eye,
But there’s no one who will see me
If I stand here and cry.
 
So I will hide until I’m calm,
Or til my tears have gone,
I’ll dry my face, put on my smile,
Get up and carry on.
 
But I can face the crazy world
And remember to smile,
If I can just stay out of sight
And hide here for a while.
 
Psalm 31:20
In the shelter of your presence you hide them from all human intrigues; you keep them safe in your dwelling from accusing tongues.

No comments:

Post a Comment