Thursday, February 2, 2017

A Simple Fact - Re-posted


How many times must He remind
Me of the simple fact
That I have been forgiven by
That one, unselfish act?
 
How many times must I be shown
His love is rich and true
Before I get it in my head
That He will see me through?

How many ways, how many times
Must He show me the way
Before I figure out that I
Should walk it every day?

And sitting down beside the path
Or veering left and right
Isn’t going to get me there
Though I may wish it might.

And yet I seem to fall a lot
And miss the path marked clear
And take the shortcuts now and then
From laziness or fear

And when I find that I am lost
And recognize my sin
I’m terrified He won’t forgive
My foolishness again

And then He takes time to remind
Me of the simple fact
That I am still forgiven by
That one, unselfish act?

No comments:

Post a Comment