Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Valley of Shadows


I walked the dark valley today,
Its shadows looming grim.
I would not have found my way through
If I had not had Him.
 
I felt the dark sweep over me
As I knelt down to weep.
I had forgotten the promise
That I am His to keep.
 
But, as the tears spilled from my eyes
To settle in heart,
I heard Him call my name softly
And I felt new hope start.
 
The valley may be long and dark,
But it will end someday,
And I won’t walk that path alone.
He’ll guide me all the way.
 
So I rose up and turned my face
Toward the growing light,
No longer fearful of my path,
Protected by His Might.

This gorgeous photo of the Tennessee Valley is a gift from LRS. What a breathtaking view and it makes me long to see it in person. Thank You, L! 

No comments:

Post a Comment