Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Quiet Place-republished

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I dwell in sorrow half the night,  
The chaos of the day
Can overwhelmed me ‘til I run
And try to hide-away.
 
But in the silence where I hide
I find good company,
For you are always waiting there
And you always love me.
 
I’m not your finest creation,
My faith is often frail,
But you have always stood by me
Through every new travail.
 
It’s not your faithfulness that’s weak
But mine that fails the test;
Yet every time I quit or fall
You hold me to your breast
 
And let me know that I am loved
In spite of all my shame;
You lift me up and dust me off
You call me by my name.
 
All of the heavenly voices
And all the songs they’ve sung
Cannot be sweeter than the sound
Of my name on your tongue

I am not worthy of your love
And yet you still love me;
Each day I chain myself with fear,
Each day you set me free.

So meet me in that silent place,
Where I am on my knees,
I’m not as strong as I should be,
But let me serve you, please.
 
First published September 28, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment