Friday, September 16, 2016

Before the Dawn


 
I don’t know what comes with the dawn,
Or what my day will be,
But I will rise and give this day
The very best of me.
 
My time is brief upon this earth,
Someday I won’t be here,
So I am inclined to live life
As if my time is dear.
 
I want to love with all my heart
And never fear to try.
I want to know it mattered that
I lived, before I die.
 
I don’t want those I leave behind
To weep when I am gone.
I’d rather that they live with joy
And boldly carry on.
 
My life is not significant
And neither, thus, am I,
But I have a part in God’s plan
To play before I die.
 
So I will rise up with the dawn,
Giving each day my best,
Until I watch my last sunset
And settle to my rest.

This cheery, sweet photo is a gift from my niece, RM. It is Lake Geneva, in Switzerland. Love that girl!! Very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment