Monday, September 19, 2016

Flowing Waters


The stream flows sweetly down the hill
Its water running free
To nourish all along its path
As God meant it to be.
 
The storms of life may stem its flow,
Or turn it from its bed,
But patiently it finds its way
Back to the path instead.
 
For God has set it on its course,
Its water flows from Him,
And it would not fail in this task
Though all the world turn grim.
 
Thus is it, too, in my life now,
My mind clogs and moves slow,
But no debris can stem the stream
Where Living Waters flow.
 
I’ll stand in faith and hold to Him
Whose grace wells up in me,
Until I am the flowing stream
That He’s asked me to be.
 
John 7:38
Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

This photo is a gift from ATF, who always looks for the perfect shot for me! Love you, A!!! 

Tonight marks the end of my sixth year of writing “Each Day A Praise”. When I started out this project, I thought that it would be a one year project. Each year now, for the past three years, I have wondered if I had enough brain power to continue for another year, and each year God has encouraged me to carry on. This year I am sensing that I can step back a bit, write some new verses, but re-post old favorites as well. I told a prayer partner and dear old friend, our meme maker, of my worry that I was getting too caught up in anguishing over the quality of the praises and less focused on just trusting “My Collaborator’s” direction. I asked her to pray for me to have a clear direction on what to do. Without having discussed my plan with her, she agreed to pray and suggested that I write a few new praises and re-post a few old favorites each week. I took that unprompted suggestion to be an endorsement of what I had been leaning toward and I am stepping forward on that course.

Thus, Each Day A Praise will continue on and I am grateful to my sweet Meme Maker, to all of you who offer love, support, guidance, input and PHOTOS, and, most especially, I am grateful for my “Collaborator” and all the Living Water that He continues to pour through my life!  AMEN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment