Sunday, October 18, 2015

Listening and Understanding


The week ahead was filled with stress,
With so much on my plate.
I knew some would be hard to take
And some would not be great.
I tried to lay it out just so
And plan it in my head,
Yet I was not aware how much
Trouble still lay ahead.

But then I heard a small voice say,
“Be Still and know I’m God.
I know the places you must walk
And those places I’ve trod.
I will not let you walk alone,
And there’s much I can do
That you can never achieve, child,
So let me care for you.”

I felt a peace come over me
Such as I had not known
And all my worries fell away,
While seeds of hope were sown.
Then as the week came on and went
I saw Him work first hand.
"Be still and know that I am God…"
At last I understand.
 
Psalm 46:10
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment