Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Attitude Adjustment


It suddenly occurred to me
As I drove home today
That I was grumpy as could be
And I’m no good that way.
 
It might have been the traffic that
Was packed on the freeway,
Or maybe the sun in my eyes
As it set for the day.
 
Whatever set me in that mood
Could not be let to stay,
And so I took a still, deep breath
Then I began to pray.
 
I asked for safety for the man
Who cut too close to me,
And for the one up my tail pipe
As rushed as he could be.
 
I thanked God for the clear blue sky
Instead of clouds and rain
That let the sun shine bright and clear
Despite causing eye strain.
 
I found, as I spoke through my prayers,
My attitude had changed
By offering praises and my prayers
My thoughts were rearranged
 
I’d left behind the stressful edge
That had been building up,
Then found that God had brought His peace
And gently filled me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment