Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Releasing Control


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There are so many little things
To which you must attend;
The little blossoms of the spring
That herald winter’s end,
The nesting bird, the butterfly,
The stormy, autumn wind,
That special spot on bumble bees
Where black and yellow blend.
 
The details are so very vast,
Or they can be so small,
It’s hard to think that you can keep
A watch on one and all.
Lord, that’s why I hold on so tight,
Afraid to drop the ball,
On all of MY priorities,
Lest you think them banal.  
 
I know that I should just let go
And that, Lord, is my goal.
Let’s face it, I trust you so much,
You saved my mortal soul,
And not trusting it all to you
Is taking such a toll.
So help me, Lord, unclench my hands
And just release control.
 
Psalm 118:8
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment