Saturday, March 16, 2013

Caring for His Little Ones


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I saw the blossom on the bough
Its petals fine and fair,
It hung upon the rainy branch,
Seemingly, without care.
 
It was so bold, there on the branch,
Its beauty soft and pale,
And yet it seemed so delicate,
Tenuous and frail.

I wondered that it seemed so bold,
As if shielding its young,
Protecting something much more frail
As, on that branch it hung.
 
Until I saw it nestling
Beneath one petal fair,
A raindrop with a smaller bloom
Was snuggled there with care.
 
Thus I was taught to understand
That even one so small
May have a great obligation
When answering His call.
 
John 21:15-16
15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”

No comments:

Post a Comment