Thursday, March 28, 2013

Luke 22: 4-6


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He took their silver for a kiss,
His own Lord, to betray,
He knew the path that he should walk,
But still he went astray.
 
I wondered, as I pondered this,
Have I betrayed You, too?
I know I’ve failed to do some things
That you’ve want me to do.
 
I cast a judging glance at those
Whom I pass on the street;
That judgment is not mine to make,
Though my thoughts are discreet.
 
I mention the small flaws I see
In someone that know,
Which illustrates the greater flaw
My unkind words must show.
 
As I reflected on my faults
The list just grew and grew
Until I realized that I
Had also betrayed You.
 
I do it each day, every day,
But without meaning to.
Yet that does not absolve me of
The wrong I’ve done to You.
 
I have no silver in my hand,
My kiss does not betray,
And yet I understand his guilt;
I live it every day.  

Luke 22: 4-6
And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. They were delighted and agreed to give him money. He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

No comments:

Post a Comment