Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Leap of Faith


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I stand upon the precipice,
The chasm gaping wide;
I wanted to shrink back in fear,
Go find some place to hide.
 
Instead, I looked forward in faith,
Trusting your hand was there,
And, as I ready for my leap,
I raise to you a prayer,

“Oh Lord, please give me strength to do
What I must do today,
For, though I do not see the path,
I know you’ll show the way.”
 
So, now I’ll leap forth in full faith
That your hand will hold me.
I won’t let fear keep me from that
Which you’ve called me to be.

Hebrews 11: 1-3
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment