Monday, September 10, 2012

When Age Speaks, Youth Should Listen


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I sat, listening as he spoke,
Caught on every word.
He had so many tales to tell
That I had never heard.
He’d seen so much and done much more
And shared it with a grin,
He had a way of taking life
And making it a win.
From World War II right to today,
He shared his tales with me
And when I left the waiting room
I’d lived his history.
 
He said he plans to carry on
Til he’s one twenty five
And if the world’s still looking good
Then he’ll just stay alive.
I laughed at the audacity,
But, if somebody could,
There’s no one else who’d find a way,
But I’ll bet that he would.
So for the lesson in life’s joy
That you taught me today,
I thank you, Lord, for sending him.
Please keep him safe, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment