Thursday, September 6, 2012

Alzheimer's



















The nights are getting longer now,
With less time spent in sleep.
Her body and her mind grow frail;
There’s less of her to keep.

I lie awake and watch her dream,
She speaks to love now dead.
I want to cry, but that won’t help.
So I watch her instead.

She hears God calling quietly.
I’m not surprised it’s so,
But I’m not ready for good byes.
I don’t want her to go.

I tell myself that it’s alright,
The way it’s always been,
But watching as she fades away…
Easier said than seen.

1 Timothy 5:4
But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment