Friday, September 7, 2012

An Angel Spoke To Me Today



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You look lovely”, she said to me
As we were passing by.
I stopped and turned back toward her
Until I caught her eye.

I’d had no chance to wash my hair,
I had no make-up on.
I must have misunderstood her
And she was almost gone.

“What did you just say as you passed?”
I questioned her, confused.
She said, You look lovely today.”
Her smile frank, not amused.

I gathered up my startled wits,
Thanked her for her kindness.
I mentioned that she too looked grand
In her attractive dress.

I turned to carry on my way
Wondering what it meant;
Until that moment I’d felt frayed,
Worried and fairly spent.

I had the worries of the day
Lining up in my mind
Until she eased my growing qualms
By saying something kind.

So I stopped right there where I was,
And looked toward the sky.
I thanked the Lord for that angel
That he’d sent strolling by.

No comments:

Post a Comment