Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Serving Others



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I scrub the feeder twice a week,
Refilling it for you,
And I do this to help you out.
It’s the least I can do.

It takes such energy, I know,
To move that constantly;
If I can offer easy meals
I do so willingly.

And you, you have so many blooms
From which to sip your fill,
And yet you come each day to drink
Outside my window sill.

I can’t think you do it for me,
To fill me with delight,
But none the less my heart lifts up
When you pop into sight.

So with great joy I’ll care for you,
Because I know how to,
And count my blessings, now and then,
To catch a glimpse of you!

Philippians 2:3-4
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment