Monday, September 24, 2012

Living In My Weeds



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Why is the path that I must walk
So over grown with weeds?
They snag at me and pull me down,
And that won’t suit my needs.
There has to be an easier
Path that I can take,
This one is so tangled with weeds
Progress is hard to make.

How did I get on such a path?
I’m much too good for it,
And don’t say it’s the path I chose.
That’s not true! Not one bit.
These weeds are not of my making,
Though some could well be mine.
I couldn’t have grown all of these
Through my thoughtless design.

That one does look like selfish thoughts
When asked to give my time,
And over there I see harsh words
When my conduct’s not prime.
Oh my, there’s folk that I let fall
When they reached for my hands,
And, sadly, I see many times
That I broke God’s commands.

Oh Lord, I might be on this path
Through all that I’ve done wrong.
Please help me find a better way,
I’ve walked this path too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment