Friday, September 21, 2012

She Was on My Mind




















The last time that I saw her face
Or got to hug her tight
Was years ago, while she was strong
And still winning the fight.
 
I always planned to get back there,
To see her once again,
But something’s always going wrong
In every well laid plan.
 
I missed the chance to say good-bye
And tell her just once more
That she was so precious to me,
Someone I could adore.
 
Now she’s been on my mind again,
As I moved through this day,
And, if I could get word to her,
I know what I would say.
 
“I missed my last chance here on earth,
But you found God’s pure Grace,
So I know I’ll hug you again
And kiss your shining face.”

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment