Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Luke 22:32



















There are those, Lord, whose faith is weak,
Weaker than it should be.
For they are stranded on the shore,
While faith is like the sea.

While others wade just off the shore,
But dare not go too deep.
For, while they trust you’ll hold them up,
That trust is hard to keep.

Yet, as we move out in our faith,
We learn to trust in you;
To know that in the roughest waves
You’re there to see us through.

Still you have charged us not to just
Push our faith to grow more,
But that we also help the weak
Grow strength to leave the shore.

Thus I am not ashamed, my Lord,
That my faith is still frail,
For others wait, just off the shore,
To be sure I won’t fail.

Luke 22:32
But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment