Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Getting My Bearings





















I hadn’t realized how lost
I really had become,
Though my world was wracked by bedlam
And all my thoughts were glum.
I thought that I was still on course
With each choice that I’d make,
Until I recognized again
A previous mistake.
I knew that I was circling,
That I had lost my way,
And so I sought a place to rest,
To seek the path and pray.





















I looked out from my lofty perch
To find what I had lost;
The path that would lead me to you,
Secured at such great cost.
I sought to get my bearings back,
To see which way to go,
But my mind churned with turbulence
And thoughts that scared me so.
That’s when I bowed my head and prayed
That I might see your face.
And when I heard you call my name
I flew out into grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment