Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Looking For Tomorrow
















Maybe tomorrow my mind will be clear
Maybe tomorrow my heart will know cheer
Maybe tomorrow I won’t feel such fear
But right now tomorrow’s not here!

Maybe tomorrow my sorrow will dim
Maybe tomorrow my delight will brim
Maybe tomorrow I won’t sink, I’ll swim
But right now tomorrow seems grim!

Maybe tomorrow my anger will fade
Maybe tomorrow I’ll stop my tirade
Maybe tomorrow my soul won’t feel frayed
But tomorrow makes me afraid!

Oh come sweet tomorrow, come now to me
Let me be the person that I should be
Dear lord, for tomorrow, I lift this plea
Renew and restore and set my soul free.

1 comment:

  1. I long for days without pain and heartbreak. What I'm wondering is, how many "today's" am I wasting looking towards tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete