Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dancing in the Wind


The wind that whips my face and hair
And froths the waves to foam,
Is, for the eagle or the gull,
A haven and a home.

The rains that drench my world until
The puddles spill and flow,
Is what brings life to all the beds
Where blossoms stir and grow.

The darkness that hides all the fears
That sets my mind to weep,
Provides the haven that my body
Needs to rest and sleep.

For much of what is hard in life,
There’s also something good
And it would serve us well, most times,
To find it if we could.

To let our focus lie upon
The good that has been wrought,
Rather than focusing upon
The pain with which it’s bought.

So when the winds and rains become
More than I want to bear,
Please let me be the budding bloom,
The gull dancing on air!

No comments:

Post a Comment