Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Light at the End of the Tunnel is Friendship
















The day slipped quickly up on me,
The night was all to brief;
The sleep that never quite caught up,
The lack of much relief;
I thought I’d reached the ropes loose end
And found that it was frayed.
But I’m so glad I didn’t quit,
That I hung on and stayed,
For in the chaos of this day
I found more than my share
Of people bent on showing me
How very much they care.
There was the laughter and the hugs
Which spoke of so much care,
That all my weariness dropped off.
I left it lying there
And stepped into a whole new smile
That you’d laid out for me.
So thank you for this lovely day,
It fit me perfectly!

1 comment:

  1. HOW DID I MISS THIS ONE?????? If it weren't for the light you shine in my life, I'd be floundering around in the dark tunnels of my life, lost and alone. But, God in His infinite wisdom brought us together some 30-odd years ago. And you've yet to move far enough away from me that I can't track you down! Thanks. Laughter is great medicine, glad you got a dose this day!

    ReplyDelete