Friday, November 5, 2010

Facing the Path Before Me





















Put me on the path, oh Lord,
The path my feet should know,
Set me clearly on the way
That you would have me go;
This cannot be the path for me
It’s steep and overgrown!
I want to walk the right path
But I need to be shown.

You are upon the path, my child
It’s right beneath your feet
The path you walk was laid for you
So get up off your seat
Don’t pray for other paths to walk
Don’t fear the path you’re on
You’ll never know what I have planned
Unless you carry on
And this path most assuredly
Leads you where you should go
For I have set you on this path
And I do love you so.
So stand up now and walk with me
I’m right here at your side
This is the path you need to walk
And I will be your guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment