Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Between the Hymns and My World
















The tempest that tore up my world
To you was just a breeze
The firestorm that seared my heart
You stifled with great ease
You still the wildest hurricane
And calm the roughest seas

It sounds so easy in the hymns,
A simple thing to do,
Just bundle all my cares and pains
And give them up to you.
But that’s much easier to say
Than I have learned to do.

And I have come to understand
That giving things to you
Doesn’t mean I’m off the hook
I still must see it through,
But I can turn to you for strength
When nothing else will do.

So when my tempests get too rough
And I can’t bear the strain
I’ll give them up to you before...
I sneak them back again
But I will trust you’ll still be there
To calm the wind and rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment