Monday, November 1, 2010

Exodus 3: 1, 2, 14



















You cast the stars across the skies
And set the sun ablaze
You taught the eagle how to soar
And parted nights and days
You spun the spider’s silken web
And tinted autumn leaves
You formed the grain that bursts and spills
From ripened harvest sheaves
And all of this you’ve done for us,
Each woman and each man
By which name shall I call you, Lord?

 “I Am Who I Am”

The raging of the windswept sea
You stirred with your right hand
The rustle of the meadow grass
Across the warm spring land
You shaped the blossom, pollen rich
The busy, buzzing bee
And marked the path stalked by the moon
Even the tiny flea
Who are you that you’ve done such things?
How wondrous is your plan.
Oh tell me please, who are you, Lord?

“I Am Who I Am”


Exodus 3: 1, 2,14  
1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.

14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment