Friday, May 20, 2022

Be Still Child


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Be Still and let my words heal you,
Don’t talk, just listen please.
I formed you in your mother’s womb
And I can give you ease.
 
You run so fast, you cannot stop
Until, at last, you fall.
Why do you wait so long before
You answer when I call?
 
Listen to me, I’m telling you
That I am all you need.
Let go of all the ifs and buts.
Listen, my child, take heed.
 
This world is not an easy place,
But you still have a choice.
Go on as if you are in charge,
Or listen to my voice.
 
Be still and rest within the peace
That I have formed for you.
Be still and listen to my voice,
As I’ve asked you to do.
 
I hold all things within my hand
The heavens and earth, too,
And you, who are more precious yet,
Be still child, I’ve got you!
 
Isaiah 44:24
Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself

No comments:

Post a Comment