Wednesday, May 25, 2022

A Broken Vessel


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Why do we build up life’s worries
Until they weigh us down?
We let the flood of despair grow
Until we fear we’ll drown.
 
Why do add to real worries
Those which we imagine,
Until, no matter what the truth,
We fear we cannot win?
 
Such fear can swiftly overwhelm
Even a faith filled mind
And leave it flailing for a hope
It doubts that it can find.
 
Lord, I know I’m a weak vessel
Broken beyond repair,
But where I’m weakest, You are strong,
And I place my faith there.
 
I call out in my own weakness,
And I reach out to You.
Lord, it is by Your grace alone
My worst fears don’t come true.
 
2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment