Sunday, July 19, 2020

The Price of Rage

 
There seems to be so much conflict,
And all of it’s our fault.
Yet we seem disinclined to bring
The conflict to a halt.

I don’t know if we’ve forgotten
All that we put Him through,
Or that we have been well advised
On what we ought to do.  

But despite all He did for us,
We still seem bound to hate.
It seems the lessons we must learn
Will all be learned too late.

I understand you think you’re right,
And all the rest are wrong,
But, in the end, you’ll lose it all
If rage is your sole song.

If we won’t turn away from rage,
Let mercy take its place,
Then, when we come before His throne,
We, too, may find no Grace.

John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment