Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Unpolluted















It seems so easy to show grace,
To give to those who weep,
But the promise to live His truth
Is much harder to keep.

The world can hold so much allure,
With wonders that amaze,
That I find I am sometimes drawn
To mortal thoughts and ways.

I find I let anger or grief,
Desire or sweet delight
Lead me into the muddied waves
Out of the pristine light.

And I am forced to recognize
That, though once more, I fail,
There are no paths that lead to Him
Which aren’t fraught with travail.

So once again I turn my heart
Toward that distant place
Where I can live, not of this world,
But in His perfect Grace.   

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

This photo is a blessing from a new, but treasured friend, JHS. The verse is one of my Cousin CK’s favorites that seemed to fit the lovely photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment