Saturday, August 6, 2016

At The Edge


I’m standing at the edge of choice,
Turn back or wade on in?
I don’t know what might lie ahead,
Behind’s the life that’s been.
 
I’m hesitant to move ahead,
Not knowing what’s in store,
But I don’t think that I’ll have long
To linger on this shore.
 
I’ve walked in faith for all my life,
That walk now nears its end.
I leave behind me all I’ve known,
Both enemy and friend,
 
And turn my face to the promise
That He gave long ago,
Wondering if I’ve done enough
That can freely go.
 
What legacy do I leave here
When I, at last, depart?
How will my life be reflected
When Heaven sees my heart?
 
Proverbs 27:19
As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart.

I have so many loved ones recently lost or fighting for their lives right now. When I found this old picture it just made me think of how I might feel when I come to that line...

No comments:

Post a Comment