Thursday, August 4, 2016

Stop Looking Back


It seemed that I always looked back
Recounting my mistakes.
I wasn't inclined to skip one
Or give me any breaks.
 
I’d count them and I’d flail myself
For living with such sin.
I’d ask forgiveness for the wrongs,
Then flail myself again.
 
It didn’t matter that I knew
That I’d been forgiven,
I still carried the memories
Of each and every sin.
 
One night as I lay in despair
And shame at all I’d done
Knowing that forgiveness was mine,
A gift I had not won,
 
I read the words that finally
Broke through the endless blame
And allowed me to let go of
A whole lifetime of shame.
 
The words appeared so mundanely,
But in answer to prayer.
If He has forgotten my sins
Why should I give them care?
 
I understand that, by His death,
He cast them far from me
And I will no longer call back
Sins from which I am free.
 
Psalm 103:12
as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment