Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Doing


Sometimes you make it very hard,
To do as I should do,
I guess that really is the point
That I need to get to.
 
I read the word, well most of it,
And try to share it, too.
But that, I’ve come to understand,
Is not enough for You.
 
It seems that I am expected
To live the word, as well!
And that’s where things get trickier
For me, as You can tell.
 
I'm pretty good at talking, Lord,
I do it all the time,
In fact I do it well in prose
And even, sometimes, rhyme.
 
But doing, that’s a harder thing,
It seems, for me to do.
Are You certain that doing is
That important to You?
 
Okay, I won’t sit here and sigh.
Doing must be begun,
And, though it may be difficult,
I’ll get that doing done.
 
James 1:22
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

No comments:

Post a Comment