Friday, February 26, 2016

Obscured Vision


The mist obscured the horizon
So I could barely see
The first traces of the night’s moon
Rising behind the tree.
 
Yet as it rose its light grew bright
Enough even for me
To know that it was rising up
Above the quiet sea.
 
Its path and timing had not changed,
It was as it should be,
The only thing that really changed
Was what my eyes could see.
 
Thus is it with the Lord Himself,
His plans are laid firmly.
He knows what they are even now,
While they’re obscured to me.  
 
Someday I’ll see what He now sees
And thank Him joyfully,
But until then I’ll wait and watch
To see what is to be.
 
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for well-being and not for trouble, to give you a future and a hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment