Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My Path or His


I walked in confidence the path
That I’d picked out for me,
Enjoying all along the way
That I found there to see.
 
I thought I had it all worked out,
My plan was well in place,
Until the path suddenly stopped
Before my startled face.
 
The way had been easy and smooth
Until it disappeared
And I was left face to face with
All that I had most feared.
 
As I cried out, “Lord, it’s not fair!
How could you let this be?
Why did I walk down this long path
If it’s not right for me?”
 
It was as if I heard His voice
Whisper inside my head,
“I asked you to walk My path, but
You chose your path instead.
 
And, though it looked so smooth and straight,
When you looked out ahead,
You’ve now learned you won’t get too far
Along a path that’s dead.”
 
So I have a long walk ahead,
Back to where I began.
But this time I am on God’s path,
My trust is in His plan.
 
Matthew 7:13-14
“Go in through the narrow door. The door is wide and the road is easy that leads to hell. Many people are going through that door. But the door is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life that lasts forever. Few people are finding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment