Thursday, January 21, 2016

Putting the Past Behind Me


I’ve put it all behind me, Lord,
Though some of it won’t stay.
No matter how hard I might try
Some pasts get in my way.
 
They pop up out of nowhere, Lord,
Then beat me to my knees.
I try to push myself back up,
Hoping the pain will ease.
 
It isn’t until I call You,
Praying that You will hear,
That I can rise up from my knees
To find You standing near.
 
Then I can strain forward again
Along the sacred way,   
And put behind me, one more time,
The sins of yesterday.
 
Philippians 3:13-14
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment