Sunday, January 24, 2016

Less Obvious Blessings


The parking space near by the door
When I parked in the rain,
Funds that came unexpectedly
Easing a money strain,
The job that I love still is mine
Though baseless fears remain,
The friendly hug when I was sad,
All these blessings are plain.
 
But there are blessings in my life
That are harder to see
And I want to thank you now, Lord
For showing them to me.
 
The loved one fighting cancer now
Whose heart is fierce and strong,
The fact that I still have a home
Though so much has gone wrong,
The old car, battered now by time
That still runs like it should,
The simple food I can afford
Is healthy, hot and good.
 
I could so easily just weep
For all the lack I live,
But You have blessed me with the gift
To see the good You give.
So where there might be troubles, Lord
I know there’s blessings, too,
And when I choose what I will see,
I see blessings from You.

No comments:

Post a Comment