Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Pausing to Reflect


I pause sometimes just to reflect,
To say a prayer or two.
I need to remind myself of
How much I call on You.
 
Sometimes I think I ask too much,
And thank You not enough,
For You have always stayed by me
Through times both smooth and rough.
 
So in these times of reflection
I try to thank, not ask,
To count my blessings instead of
Appointing You a task.
 
I focus on the little things,
For the big gifts I see,
But it’s the little blessings that
Often slip right by me.
 
Even the moments such as this,
When all the world is still,
Are blessings I that I only find
When I live in Your will.
 
So let me pause and take a breath,
One more blessing, I know,
Then thank You that You’ll walk with me
When I rise up to go.
 
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment