Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Good Night


I want to take the time tonight
To thank You properly
For getting me through this long day,
And back where I should be,
But I am so tired tonight
That I can hardly see.
So please forgive me if I’m brief
When speaking gratefully,
And know that I am thankful, Lord,
For all You do for me.
 
You’ve touched my life with boundless grace
Beyond my sinful due,
And when I’ve walked the streets of hell
You’ve brought me safely through.
I’ve learned that I can find a way
To do what I must do
If I rely upon Your strength
To charge my strength anew,
But most of all, I’ve come to see
That I can count on You.
 
So as I gaze up at the moon,
Brushing the sky with light,
I wish that I could thank You more,
But I’m too bushed to write,
A quick Thank You will have to do…
So, Thank You, Lord. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment